Thursday, June 22, 2017

Bleeding Red Ink


She looks harmless enough, right? She thought so, too. At this point, the Mistress of the Red Ink Pen was trying to juggle college, work full time, and be young without being stupid. The Red Ink Pens had yet to be a force in her life. I was still struggling with the idea of just who I wanted to be, and not finding any answers that brought great satisfaction.

Fast forward mfph-mfph years, and my love of language kicked in with a vengeance. I started editing in small ways; a company newsletter, friends' resumes, and a few short stories. The beast would soon define me, and allow me to focus on using my brain, instead of looks that faded with time.

I have edited with four publishing houses, and am currently editing, and copy-editing, for two of those houses. I find the horrendous lack of education about the language we all speak appalling.
Thus, I will be ranting as the mood, and red ink, strikes.

Mistress of the Red Ink Pen



No comments:

Post a Comment